“NQLMS staff like getting their hands dirty! Our teams undertake a range of on-ground tasks including;
- Surveys where teams grid survey vegetated areas collecting spatial data.
- Vegetation enhancement where teams selectively treat (chemical spraying, hand weed, cut & paint) weeds in disturbed remnant forests. This method allows natural regeneration to recolonise areas where weeds have a foothold. ( also known as spray & release)
- General weed control where teams using motorised or personal spray units to treat weeds.
- Large scale weed clearing (tractors & excavators).
- All NQLMS staff are fully qualified and experienced in the use of agricultural chemical use.
- Preparing sites for planting which can be done by hand when the terrain is difficult or mechanised when the site allows. Some sites we have done are very large with up to 40,000 seedlings been planted.
- NQLMS has a native plant nursery where we grow to order and have a range of proven performers for a variety of site situations
- NQLMS can mobilise large teams to plant sites. We can mulch (recommended), water-in if required
- Maintenance of revegetation sites is critical for their success. This task ranges from weed management, top dressing to in-filling plant losses.
Screens buffer zones and windbreaks
- NQLMS conduct screen and buffer plantings for a range of circumstances including, agricultural screens, development/subdivision screens and buffer zones.
- We have our own native plant nursery where we grow species proven to suit a range of jobs.
Track installation and cyclone clean-up
- All NQLMS staff are qualified to use chainsaws to conduct a range of clean-up duties”